JUNIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (40 HOURS) - AMSTERDAM
Taxperience Recruitment Solutions is recruiting for a leading multinational global retailer. Their main assets? Staying as close as possible to their customers in the various countries and territories in which they operate, they continuously adapt their retail formats and channels to suit their needs. It is active in over 25 countries with a dynamic international workforce of over 150.000 people and a track record of more than 41 years in the retail industry. A small energetic team in Amsterdam is responsible for all finance and legal activities in The Netherlands, consolidating 15 entities and reporting to Headquarters.
To complete the eager and growing local finance team, Taxperience Recruitment Solutions is recruiting a junior Financial controller to be the all-round financial for the End-to-end financial processes. It’s an ideal learning place to accelerate your personal development and build your robust finance fundament. A real enabler supporting your future career aspirations.
Are you familiar with an independent finance role with end-to-end responsibilities in an international environment? Are you looking for diversity in tasks supporting accounting, tax and treasury? And are you ready for a new chapter in your career? Please apply as soon as possible towards Jeroen@taxperience.nl and maybe you will join this global player soon!
- Book-keeping tasks - jointly responsible for two Netherlands located entities (15 consolidated entities). Perform general accounting activities, execute the transactions in SAP Business ByDesign ERP-system (Record bank transactions, inventories, vendor invoices, intercompany invoicing, capital transactions, prepayments/accruals), prepare the monthly reports of results/cash flow/ investments and monthly and quarterly consolidations.
- Monthly and Annual Closing Process – Responsible for the Monthly and Annual Closing tasks in line with the Group/local Closing calendars. Prepare variance analysis for Balance Sheets and P&L. Review account reconciliations for Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Treasury tasks – Manage the daily payment process and prepare manual payment instructions. Record the cash call transactions and Interest accruals.
- Audit – coordinates internal information flows and jointly responsible for half year and annual audit process.
- Tax related tasks – VAT/CIT-return preparation. Close collaboration with external tax advisors and pro-actively participates from a financial perspective in the tax planning process.
- Reporting tasks – Complete regular Monthly Reporting and Reconciliation activities (Dutch GAAP) via the Reporting system. Reporting to Group, Dutch central Bank and Chamber of Commerce. Is responsible for presenting and explaining the figures to external stakeholder.
- Budget – coordinates the annual budgeting process, including sourcing information.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance in line with the Local and Group requirements.
- Ad-hoc reporting tasks and simplification projects – Assist in process simplification projects.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS AND PERSONALITY
- MEAO/MBA(Moderne Bedrijfsadministratie) or Bachelor Degree on Accounting, Economics or Finance.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar independent position (accounting, tax, audit).
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS.
- Good knowledge of MsOffice Excel.
- Experience with SAP Business ByDesign is a Pre.
- Fluent in Dutch and English both in written and in verbal, other languages can be surplus.
- You are a self-starter, disciplined and able to work effectively independently or in a team.
- You enjoy having your own responsibilities, challenges and using your problem solving skills.
- You have an energetic, flexible and motivated character.
- Good communication skills, analytic skills and with a high level of honesty, integrity, commitment.
- Comfortable adjusting to changes in work environment and working under pressure.
- Preferable living in the Amsterdam area.
A monthly salary between € 2300,- and €2900,-, depending background and experience, fulltime based(40 hours). An additional 13th Month salary, potential personal Bonus, 25 holidays and 100% pension contribution by employer.